Scotland the Bread is an innovative social business, owned by its members. With collaborators across the UK and beyond, we are part of a movement to democratise control of, and access to, healthy bread produced from home-grown grains, with the benefits shared fairly across society. To support this initiative, you are invited to:
- Become a member by buying shares.
- Become a supporter to be the first to know about events, developments and products as soon as they are available.
- Contact us about growing heritage grains.
- Enrol on a community baking or growing course.
- Talk to us about developing a community bakery or social enterprise development.
- Ask us about a tailored training programme for your team or group.
Become a Member
Join the Community Benefit Society by buying shares.
Becoming a shareholder means that you can be actively involved with Bread For Good, take part in electing the Board of Directors, cast your vote at AGMs (one member one vote) and receive annual reports.
The first year’s subscription to the newsletter is also included in your membership.
You will be among the first to know about research developments, events and information — and have privileged access to the online shop for certified grains and freshly milled flour.
You can apply for shares here.
Become a Supporter
Your annual subscription of £25 will help us to pay for a bi-monthly newsletter and to keep supporters up to date with developments in the research, training and production of grain and flour.
As a supporter you will become part of a participatory plant breeding network and receive the newsletter by email. You will also have:
- first access to information on breeding programmes and growing trials
- invitations to farms to see grain breeding, selection and growing
- first access to newly developed varieties
- discounted direct online access to grain and flour for milling/baking
- first access to research findings on the nutritional benefits of Scotland The Bread grains
Donations to support our work are welcome.
If you want to contribute without becoming a shareholder of Bread For Good Community Benefit Society Ltd please donate through our shop.